LG Optimus G series phones to feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processors
Expanding on collaboration with a proven track record of success, LG and Qualcomm, today announced that the successor to the LG Optimus will utilize Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the industry’s most advanced mobile chipset. LG’s G series device powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processors will redefine the smartphone experience through stunning performance, rich graphics and outstanding battery efficiency. Capable of carrier aggregation, the Snapdragon 800 processor is designed to allow LTE to be even faster by maximizing spectrum bandwidth to increase data speeds and reduce latency.
Delivering up to 75 percent better performance than the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, the Snapdragon 800 processor will feature many of the industry’s leading technologies for the ultimate mobile experience, including:
• Higher speeds with Krait 400 CPUs in quad configuration to deliver greater processing and communication performance;
• Enhanced aSMP (asynchronous Symmetric Multiprocessing) architecture for dynamic power sensing and control for peak performance per core and improved battery life without the use of specialized cores;
• Fully integrated connectivity with a wide variety of communication options including 4G LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation;
• New Adreno™ 330 GPU delivering more than two times better performance for compute applications over the current Adreno 320 GPU;
• Video capture, playback and display in Ultra HD format, four times higher density than 1080p HD;
• HD multichannel audio with DTS-HD and Dolby Digital Plus, supporting higher display resolutions up to 2560 x 2048 pixels and Miracast 1080p HD; and
• Qualcomm IZat Location technology, featuring GNSS for more accurate navigation and location services.